X MARKS THE SPOTS

Sunday, June 25, 2006

Procrastination - Simple Ways on How to Overcome This Obstacle

Procrastination is the Enemy of Success and Accomplishment.

We are all guilty of procrastination - some of us more than others. Being such a tough habit to break, many of us find it easier to keep doing it rather than take the steps necessary to change.
Personally I find that I tend to procrastinate most when the task is lengthy, boring or sometimes difficult.

What helps me overcome this habit is breaking down the task at hand in smaller more manageable pieces and focusing on each one at a time rather than being overwhelmed by looking at the task as a whole. If the task is boring, I focus on the enjoyable things I can do once this boring task is completed and out of my way. Also realizing that time and opportunities are passing me by while I procrastinate usually gets me motivated to get whatever needs to get done out of the way. In the end, the job still needs to get done and the more you put if off, the more stress and anxiety you create for yourself.

I find that when I'm really having a hard time to tackle a task, the easiest way to get going and overcome procrastination is to take a few minutes to map out a plan of action in the form of a TO DO list. This way it's easier to visualize how to get it all done and what needs to get done every step of the way.

When it comes to procrastination, the saying "good things come to those who wait" almost never applies.

Remember that procrastination is the enemy of success and accomplishment!

Please feel free to add your comments and any tips and strategies you have on overcoming procrastination.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home